Dubbed the 'AirBnB of designer dresses', Designerex is a leading peer-to-peer dress-sharing e-commerce platform, with a series of awards under its belt. We asked Co-Founder and Co-CEO, Kirsten Kore, 20 questions to find out about her favourite films, inspiration and advice she'd give to her 16-year-old self.
1. How do you define success?
When you’re at peace with yourself and when you kick your own goals and hit your own milestones you’ve set for yourself. True happiness!
2. When was the first time you shopped online?
Probably around 2008.
3. What is your favourite film?
Titanic never fails.
4. What are three words that would describe you?
Passionate, kind, driven.
5. Do you speak any other languages?
6. How do you typically unwind after a long day?
Cuddles with my kids, some storytelling of my day to my partner, music, and just sometimes wine 😉
7. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Hot chips or cheese
8. If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be?
Can’t say I think about this much, BUT obviously, I would obliterate things – like, hunger, poverty, disease, climate change, evil, etc.
9. What did you want to be when you were five years old?
100 percent, a Spice Girl.
10. What kind of student were you in high school?
A student that got it all done in the end, but pushed the boundaries in between.
11. What’s your most-used App on your phone?
Slack and Instagram. It’s a tie.
12. What has been the proudest moment in your career?
Launching our custom-built Designerex platform – and also being a finalist for Industry Recognition at the ORIAS.
13. What was the last book you read?
Good to Great by Jim Collins.
14. What was the first live concert you attended?
Was either Black Eyed Peas or Backstreet Boys 😀
15. What is your go-to order on UberEats?
My local Thai Muum Maam Barangaroo – the best.
16. Who is your favourite artist?
If we’re talking music artists, I don’t really have a favourite. I listen to different types of music based on my mood, or how I would like my mood to change! If we’re talking Art, someone please help me!
17. If you could turn yourself into any fictional character, who would it be and why?
Hermione Granger. Who wouldn’t want to give Hogwarts a go!?
18. Do you have any phobias?
Any type of insect that crawls around and flies on to you, I’m generally not a fan of.
19. Is there any advice you’d give your 16-year-old self?
Appreciate your Mum more and stop getting up to mischief.
20. Do you have any secret talents?
I can lay on the beach forever, I’m quite good at that!
The e-commerce landscape is changing. With a Power Retail Switched On membership, you get access to current e-commerce revenue and forecasting, traffic levels, average conversion rate, payment preferences and more!