Chatting happiness, facing your fears, and Rubik's Cubes with Rachael Eade, Ecommerce and Digital Manager at Total Beauty Network.
1. How do you handle criticism?
I try to listen and learn from feedback.
2. How do you define success?
Happiness. No matter what you do, if you end the day feeling happy with the work you put in then I think that’s a successful day.
3. Have you ever overcome a fear?
I’m not sure I overcame it, but I faced my fear of public speaking.
4. And how did you overcome it?
Years ago, I was asked to do an interview with Channel Advisor. What was supposed to be a short phone interview turned into a live webinar with Power Retail. I really dislike public speaking, so it put me way outside my comfort zone, but I did it anyway. However, it was a great opportunity as I met some wonderful people and those relationships have brought me many opportunities in this industry.
5. Do you consider yourself more Type A or Type B?
6. What do you enjoy about this industry?
The immediate result. Coming from a traditional marketing background, ecommerce is so rewarding as I can watch in real time if a promotion is working and adapt and learn constantly.
7. What was the last thing you bought online?
An Oodie dressing gown.
8. Do you speak any other languages?
I learnt Spanish as an elective at university, but I didn’t retain a lot of it so the last few months I have been relearning with the Duolingo app. I’m surprised how quickly it’s coming back to me.
9. Do you have any secret talents?
I can solve a Rubik’s cube. My son is into speed cubing and challenged me to learn. It took me a lot longer than him, but it was very satisfying to finish it. My younger self who used to rip the stickers off to ‘solve’ it would be very proud.
10. Do you have any pets?
Yes, a cat called Rosie.
11. What’s your star sign?
12. If you had the opportunity to take an international gap year and do whatever you wanted, where would you move and what would you do?
I’d take my family and travel through Europe and take every opportunity that travel allows.
13. If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
My grandparents – I wish I’d taken the time to learn more about their lives and our family history before they passed.
14. Do you prefer a room that is a bit too hot or a bit too cold?
A bit too cold.
15. If you could be any type of stationery, what would you be?
A diary so I’d always be organised.
16. Say you’re stranded on a desert island (and all basics are met), what are three things you would take with you?
My family, books and a phone to call for help (when I eventually get sick of laying on a beach reading books).
17. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
18. Savoury or sweet?
19. What are three wishes you’d request from a genie?
Health for all my loved ones, enough money to pay off all debts and treat my family and a nice long holiday.
20. What’s something everyone should try at least once?
You can find Rachael at Total Beauty Network.