There are currently no items in your cart
Australia Post’s 2018 ORIAS Winners Revealed
On Thursday night, the 2018 ORIAS winners were announced at this year’s awards gala at the ICC Sydney Grand Ballroom, with a number of key Australian brands taking out prizes, including the likes of Showpo, Catch, Kogan and Booktopia.
With 800 guests in attendance, the ninth annual ORIAS recognised some of the best players in the e-commerce industry.
The awards opened up the chance for both multichannel and pureplay retailers to take out the top spot in categories like Best Pureplay Online Retailer, Best Multichannel Retailer, Best Small Independent Retailer, two Australia Post People’s Choice awards, and of course the Industry Recognition Award, among others.
Hosted by renowned TV presenter, Gorgi Coghlan, who is most known for her guest presenting role on ‘The Project’, guests were also treated to performances by Prada’s Priscilla’s, entertaining the crowd with bright feathers, head-pieces and wigs.
Presented by Australia Post in partnership with Online Retailer, Australia Post’s General Manager of Business, Michael Oates, says he couldn’t be happier with the two businesses long-standing relationships and the outcome of the 2018 awards.
“As Australia’s leading delivery provider, we’re very proud to continue our partnership with Online Retailer through the Australia Post ORIAS. We congratulate the ORIAS winners for their accomplishments within the industry and thank those shoppers who voted for their favourite online retailer in the coveted People’s Choice Awards.”
Alice Kuepper, the event director of the ORIAS reiterated this sentiment, saying the award’s ceremony helps to set a new benchmark for online retail excellence in Australia.
“The ORIAS honour the retailing champions that set new standards of brilliance for online and in-store, whether that be through innovation, growth or customer experience. These awards are a testament to retailer’s dedication and hard work to stay competitive in today’s modern marketplace.
“The judges were set with a very hard task to determine the winners as each nominee has achieved brilliant things in their category. We congratulate each winner and acknowledge and celebrate their success as an industry.”
Without further adieu, the winners of the 2018 Australia Post ORIAS for each category are:
- Best Bootstrapped Growth Initiative: I=Change
- Best International Conqueror: Showpo
- Best Omnichannel Customer Service: The Daily Edited
- Best Social Commerce Initiative: Showpo
- Best Mobile Commerce Site/Application: Catch
- Best Site Optimisation & Design: Showpo
- Best Online Retail Marketing: Beer Cartel
- Best Pop-Up Experience: Hunting For George
- Best In-Store Initiative: Cue Clothing Co
- Best Multichannel Retailer: Supercheap Auto
- Best Small Independent Retailer: Flora & Fauna
- Best New Online Retailer: Little Designer Club
- Best Pureplay Online Retailer: Booktopia
- Industry Recognition: Tony Nash
- Online Retailer Of The Year: Showpo
- Australia Post People’s Choice Award – Small Online Retailer: Koh Australia (Ekoworx)
- Australia Post People’s Choice Award – Large Online Retailer: Kogan.Com
Congratulations to all the winners, and all of those nominated, we can’t wait to see what kind of innovations unfold over the next 12-months in the lead up to the 2019 awards.